What do we do?
As Tree surgeons, we’re proud to deliver both quality service and value for money. From small pruning jobs to the largest removals we have the equipment and experience to deal with any situation. We always supply a written quotation and can remove and recycle all waste.
Some examples of the services we offer include:
- Pruning- Including Crown lifting, Crown reductions and Thinning. Removal of problem/dead/dying branches. These new methods prevent the need for “topping” or “lopping” which do more harm than good.
- Cabling & Bracing. High winds can often play havoc with trees, especially in Brittany. By using modern bracing techniques, beloved trees can be preserved for decades longer than was previously thought possible.
- Supply and planting of new trees and woodlands. We can offer free advice on which species thrive here in Brittany.
- Felling trees of all sizes. Where space allows, a carefully conducted straight fell provides instant results and is the most economic solution.
- Sectional dismantling. For trees in areas where space is limited. This involves the arborist climbing with a rope and harness in order to dismantle the tree from the top down. This could involve the use of ‘rigging’ a technique whereby each branch or section is carefully lowered down in the manner of a crane.
- 24 Hour emergency call out. Safe and efficient removal of fallen trees and branches to clear roads, driveways and phone lines.
Going The Extra Mile…
- Stump grinding. If left to decay stumps can promote harmful insects and fungi. Poplars, willows and other vigorous species sprout suckers. These grow rapidly and require constant attention. Stump Grinding solves these problems without compacting soil or destroying surrounding areas.
- Wood chip supply. Wood chips are ideal for use as a garden mulch, producing benefits such as water retention and weed control as well as reducing soil erosion.
- Log splitting and Milling. One inevitable consequence of have a tree cut down is the production of timber. Customers can expect to recuperate some expense by burning this by-product in their own stove or fire place. The price of ‘Bois de Chauffage’ is at an all time high in Brittany, so this saving cannot be overlooked.
All our work is carried out by fully trained, experienced and friendly expat tree surgeons.